Thursday, February 26, 2009

on vacation in Kep

I took a few days off after our recent 7-day training and conference. A few of us went down to Kep, a small beachtown in southern Cambodia, and it was amazing!! We were only there for a day and a half, but I was able to relax on a small, virtually private beach/bungalow area. I lounged, slept, and ate during the day, wth a little light reading sporadically along the way.

Then, in the evening, we made sangria on the beach and drank together while watching the sun set over the small islands just off the coast. Once it was dark, we went for a night swim in the delightfully warm ocean. The water was shallow, between my knees and chest for over a 100 yards out from shore. The sand was soft and velvety. There was no light pollution, so we could see the milky way and countless stars above. Best of all, the water off the coast is filled with phosphorecent plankton that sparkle and glow underwater as you move through it. In short, beautiful and perfect.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am jealous. It's been raining in SF and I am sun starved! Hello to my fellow natives. Sop

Brooke said...

i'm jealous too...because i have the flu and that sounds lovely.

Brian Reitz said...

Sounds better than most vacations I've had.