Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving in Cambodia...

is just another day in the life. I did, however, teach a Thanksgiving lesson in 9 classes. At 45-50 students per class, that's 400 people in Cambodia that now know about Turkey Day and Black Friday. The toughest part to explain was what a cranberry is, given that I haven't seen a single berry of any kind since I got here. (random berry quote: "the snozzberries taste like snozzberries!!")

Thanksgiving lunch was good. I ate with a few British and Dutch volunteers, and one Kenyan woman, who live in my province. Even though Thanksgiving is an American holiday one of the (wonderful) volunteers made a delicious pumpkin soup with cumin and coriander. It was amazing! And for dinner....rice and fish. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

Viqui said...

Hi hermanito. We had Turkey and the usual with 26 people present, but not you. All of your siblings were here, though not all of their children (except mine of course), three of your great nieces and nephews. You were missed. I think about you often, though I'm sure you can't tell. I'm working on that. - Vic